Go to South Sudan, in 12 Steps
Seek God’s face about going.
- Sign Up (If you haven’t already)
We’ve listed all our trips here.
- Recruit your prayer team
Ask as few as three, and as many as you can think of, to pray for you as you begin this faith journey with Empower One.
- Start raising support for your trip
• Pray & make a list of everyone you know (100+).
• Pray & create your support raising web page.
• Keys for great support letter: short, simple, clear: clear $ needs, clear deadlines, clear and easy donation instructions.
• Pray & mail/email a support letter to entire list (bcc if email).
• Pray & follow up letter/email with individual emails/phone calls (goal = 5/day).
• If no response after two emails, call. Also, pray.
• Pray & keep going until your goal has been met.
5. Attend the training meetings
• Contact your trip leader for the schedule for orientation and training meetings.
When Helping Hurts by Steve Corbett and Brian Fikkert (Chapter 2 & Chapter 4)
• Transforming Worldviews by Paul Hiebert (Chapter 5)
• Cross-Cultural Servanthood by Duane Elmer (Read Summary)
• South Sudan Church History
- Learn about Missionary Academy
See our Missionary Academy page and contact our Missionary Academy Director to find out how to maximize your short-term mission trip experience.
- Learn to share your faith with four stories
• Your story
• Story of the Spirit World
• Story of Creation
• Story of Christ
• Creation to Christ – summary & training.
- Watch these videos
• What’s it like to drive in South Sudan?
• What does a typical meal look like?
• A Baptism in South Sudan
- Get your shots
We recommend the “Most Travelers” list, plus Meningitis.
- Bonus: Jump out in Faith