“In this class, we had a representation of mixed tribes from both the nationals and the South
This mission was far different from any other missions we have gone to. There were a couple of things we noticed that made the mission different from others:
- Congo churches came together in great numbers to wait for us.
- Over 50 participants went for door to door every day which is an unusual thing. 6 different church denominations were involved in that activity. 74 pastors and evangelists participated in the activities.
- Places we went to for door to door, people were so welcoming and most of them received the Word and got saved.
- An overwhelming number of people came to both the Open Air preachings and the Jesus’ Film Shows and stayed calm to listen to the preachings, watch the Jesus’ Film Shows and a good number of them got saved.
- We were challenged by their giving. These men and women have big hearts. We were so humbled when both young and old gave clothing and whatever the Lord impressed upon their hearts to give to support the ministry to the Pygmies. The gave clothes, food items generously.
- Door to Door:
- People Reached: 2,261
- People Saved: 862
- Attendance: 106
- Open Air Evangelism:
- People Reached: 7,375
- People Saved: 576
- Jesus Film Show:
- People Reached: 7,366
- People Saved: 2,103
- Sunday Fellowship:
- Attendance: 539
- People Saved: 14
- There was delay at the border especially on Congo
- The machines failed to produce sound to be used during Sunday Service
- Many people got saved
- Great number of people eagerly turned up to hear the Gospel
- The people were willing to learn
- Many sick people were prayed for
- Traumatized people got healing in their hearts
Many people were delivered from evil spirits. They fell down crying like a child. The servants of God went and laid their hands upon them and prayed; after few minutes they got clear sense.
Jacob is 69 years old. He became deaf in his childhood. He visited me on Monday to confirm his faith in Jesus Christ after watching Jesus Film. He said when the evangelists reached his home, he thought they were sent to arrest him; but his daughter told him they came to share the Gospel. So he sat with them and other people too, he cannot understand anything they say, but fortunately the preacher gave him tracks to read and invited him for tonight Film show.
“Jesus Film has brought the Gospel to light, I have now seen the truth of what I had read. From today I decided to follow Jesus and be with Him in heaven.”
The Pygmies Testimony:
“We used to live like animals but now the Gospel has reached us. Our work was to hunt for wild animals and get food. We have no houses, no clothes and other basic human needs are lacking. Through Pastor William Udar, the Gospel reached us. We are now praising God. The question is, if we who were once animals are now praising God, how about you?” stated one of the Pygmies representative during open air preaching.
- There is a great need of MET to reach Jalasiga. A pastor who leads a church in Jalasiga said that many people in there could greatly benefit from MET services.
- The Pygmies need more work of the Gospel and biblical teaching in their land. As we reach to them with the gospel, pray that God will bring services to meet their basic needs.
Above all we give the glory to God who took us safely to the mission, sustained our lives and brought us safely back. We give thanks to everyone who stood in support of this mission and we give thanks to God for all His goodness.
Mobile Evangelism Team Leader