This mission ran for two days from June 28-29, 2019. Alivu-Pajulu is located in Arua District.
People in this area have been hungry for the sole gospel of Christ and have a need for fellowship which has not been there because there was no sound church that teaches the true Word of God. Drug addiction, alcoholism and suicide tendencies are a common practice among young men here. Roman Catholicism and Islam are most common.
There was one Catholic and an independent church in the whole area of Alivu-Pajulu which were proved to be lacking the true gospel of Christ, insufficient time for fellowship and worship.
This mission was therefore intended to plant a new church in this region through Open Air/mass Crusade and showing Jesus’ film. The gospel was preached in the Open Air/Mass crusade and Jesus Film Show then after people were invited to make a decision to follow Christ and then disciple them immediately. We also prayed for those with prayer needs and gave spiritual counseling to them as well as inviting them to come and be part of the church services on Sundays. The church is called Alivu Community Church pastored by Abara William.
The team was composed of members from MET and volunteers from Churches within Arua.
- At least 220 people heard the Gospel.
- 61 people got saved.
- Two ladies got delivered from demonic attacks.
- A church was planted.
- 110 people were prayed for.
- New believers in Christ received spiritual counseling.
- Five leaders were trained.
- There was a challenge with the bad weather in form of rain which interrupted some of our activities like our departure time to the field and open air crusade which led to late coming back from the field.
- Pray for the team members to be focussed, united and have positive attitudes towards the work of the ministry.
- Thank God for providing the land on which this new church sits.
- Pray for the healthy growth and development of the new church and for God to raise more leaders who will be committed to teach the gospel.
On the second day of our mission during Open Air Crusade, two ladies were delivered from demonic attacks after we prayed with them. One of them is called Winnie. She had some demonic numbers that appeared mysteriously on her body and whenever she comes in the presence of God, her body shakes and rotates and she is thrown down. This is associated with satanic initiation and the spirit of death.
The second lady whom we could not readily identify, was tormented by demons and got delivered that day. She said she never had peace because of torments from spirit of the dead.
-Report by Doru Alex