1. Discipleship Training program:
January 10-12, 2019
Ministry activities for this year started with training on Disciples. Pastors were equipped with one of the effective materials for discipleship, “New life in Christ”; translated in local language (Alur). 13 pastors were trained to teach and start Discipleship groups in their respective locations.
The purpose is to build the believers on a solid foundation for their Christian life.
Same activity took place in the Northern Cluster with 14 pastors and deacons. Some of pastors started implementing what they learnt:
- Pastor Luka started a discipleship group in Ladju with 23 people
- Pastor Adubango started another discipleship group in Ndimalo with 11 people from 3 different denominations
- Pastor Gayo started one group in Kaladayo with 6 people
- Pastor Dominic started his new disciple group in Kandoy with 9 people.
We hope by the first week of February, every Pastor/Deacon should start one discipleship group in his area. So we are expecting at least 27 discipleship groups to be started by February 2019.
2. Church strengthening:
January 17-20, 2019
Location: Sondu Baptist church (Northern cluster)
Participants: 21 people from 9 local churches
- Door to door evangelism
- Jesus Film show
- Follow up
- 740 people heard the gospel
- 165 people received Jesus as their Lord and Savior
- 38 people turned for follow-up lessons
- 14 church leaders attended seminar on leadership.
After the Jesus Film show we told people to come in church the following day for follow-up teachings. These people were among those who received Christ after watching Jesus Film.
3. Evangelism mission:
January 17th-20th, 2019
Location: Langakpere village
Participants: 17 people
- Door to door:
- 121 people reached
- 11 people saved
- Open air:
- 208 people heard the gospel
- 6 people saved
- Jesus Film show:
- 650 people attended
- 88 people received Christ in their lives
Testimony: During follow up time, one woman who accepted Christ was so much willing to continue hearing the teachings on salvation though we closed the session. When we ask her why, she told us she had not heard such teachings. Therefore we told her to keep coming every afternoon for more teaching on New life in Christ.
4. Summary Report:
- People reached: 1,719 people
- People saved: 270 people
- People trained: 27 people
- Groups started: 4 groups
5. Prayer request:
Pray for church planting mission in Ambere (Eastern cluster) on January 25-27, 2019. Thank you.
Regional Leader: DR Congo