The 10/40 Window is the rectangular area of North Africa, the Middle East and Asia approximately between 10 degrees north and 40 degrees north latitude.
1. Why is it significant?
- Two-thirds of the world’s population lives here – that’s over 5 billion people.
- Over 3 billion of these people are considered “unreached.” These 3 billion are from 6204 different people groups.
2. What does it mean to be “unreached?”
People that have extremely limited to no access to the Gospel are considered “unreached.” This means that for them to hear the gospel, someone needs to cross these cultural and linguistic barriers intentionally and give them this opportunity.
3. Other challenges of the 10/40 Window
- 90% of the poorest people in the world live here.
- The majority of followers of Islam, Hinduism and Buddism live here.